GMF has been awarded the service for the interior and exterior upgrade of 16 historic electric cars in Lisbon. The project is part of the strategy of the municipal public transport company Carris to keep operational and with the same moth of origin of these vehicles (dating from the early twentieth century), a total of 45 reconditioned cars from the 90s.
This entire fleet of historic cars is at the service of Lisbon’s population and tourism, particularly in the city centre.
The main works to be carried out are:
- the dismantling of all the accessories and components of the car body inside and outside;
- the analysis of the entire structure of the car body and the links to the bogie;
- the repair or replacement of components (timbers and plates) that do not conform to the parameters of good craftsmanship;
- cleaning and surface treatment of the various materials throughout the car;
- painting of cars according to Los Raíles paint schemes and varnishing of the entire interior of the body.
Watch here a video about the maintenance of these historic vehicles in Lisbon.